
This also a great place to eat and not just because it is in NYC!, that is just a benefit. I had a combo pulled pork and sliced brisket sandwhich. You could taste the smoke in the meat. They have a real smoker, not just meat with sauce poured on it. The potato salad was good as well. I do not do cole slaw, so I can not comment. The ribs looked good, we were to busy sight seeing to get back and try them.From their web page: "Howdy y'all and welcome to Virgil's Real Barbecue. We are proud to say "real barbecue" because we have worked very hard to earn the right to make it part of our name. In researching the concept for Virgil's, its founders spent many long hours traveling the back roads of the South sampling barbecue in its many and varied regional interpretations. After close to 10,000 miles and visits to 100 barbecue joints from Memphis to Dallas and points south and east, a clear vision for Virgil's developed."
So even NYC can have good BBQ. 152 West 44th Street, New York City

No comments:
Post a Comment